Benefits of upskilling
A company is only as good as its workforce. That’s why businesses continually contribute to their staff training and upskilling to ensure that their workforce is up to scratch in this increasingly competitive industry.
This is where NVQs can play a vital role. NVQs are work based qualifications so the majority of time staff won’t need to be away from the workplace, meaning your workforce and productivity isn’t disrupted. Other training programmes, such as CITB courses or con ops training, manual handling and abrasive wheels training may take place at external training centres, but these typically only last between 1-2 days, resulting in a qualification, and a competent, confident, happy employee.
What are the 5 key business benefits of upskilling staff?
- Training boosts staff morale and confidence. A happy employee is much more productive.
- Training workforces has been shown to increase staff retention.
- Creates an ethos in which learning and progressing is valued.
- Staff with increase competence, confidence and knowledge sets your business apart from the rest.
- Staff are motivated to succeed and improve – this can be linked to a current rewards program within the business.
How do employees benefit from training?
- Official recognition of skills and competency.
- Motivation to progress within the business.
- Potential to develop their career.
- Scope for further qualifications.
- Increases self-confidence
Here at Portland Training we provide construction training in Sheffield in a number of different areas. Whether you are looking to expand your current repertoire of skills to further your job prospects, obtain a CSCS card in Sheffield or if you are an employer looking to upskill your workforce, we have a brilliant range of funded training options in construction, health and safety and more!