Portland Charity Push!
This year at Portland Training, we wanted to take our Christmas charity efforts to the next level. We wanted to not just give to one charity, but multiple fantastic causes throughout the community.
We split into teams, with points available for items gathered and raised for the charities, as well as volunteering time, and items donated. The teams were competing internally to see who could raise the most, and our AEB team won - they reached a massive 220 points, which equates to over 600 items donated from their team alone! However all teams contributed fantastically, and the competition was close...
Over the past few weeks the work has been absolutely fantastic, with all teams giving it their all.
Here are just some of the amazing things they have achieved…
- 30 brand new toys are going to Mission Christmas so children will get gifts to open this Christmas, when they would not have otherwise.
- 8 boxes and bags full of food items are heading to Burngreave foodbank.
- Sleeping bags, food and trainers are heading to The Archer Project
- 401 DVDs plus bags and bags of warm clothes, toiletries and board games have gone to HARC
- 12 people completed volunteering to various charities
- A women’s refuge has received sacks of clothes, toiletries and books
- A children’s charity has received equipment, toys and children’s books
Thanks to all of our staff for their incredible efforts, and we hope they will make a difference to those in need this Christmas.
Below are some photos of the charity push! Merry Christmas from everyone at Portland Training.