If you are currently employed but looking to upskill to gain that promotion or pay increase. We can help. Funding maybe available subject to eligibility, please get in touch with our team for more info.
Portland Training are currently providing a range of services for the 19+yrs unemployed across South Yorkshire. We aim to train, upskill and offer various route ways into further learning and employment. We are committed to engaging individuals to help them realise and achieve their full potential whilst providing opportunities to establish and reach their life goals.
A few of the services we provide:
- Sector Based Work Academies – working in partnership with local Job Centres and employers, we deliver sector specific training such as Warehouse, Fork Lift Truck and Care qualifications. Those who successfully complete our course will be guaranteed an interview with one of our employer partners.
- Accredited Training – we offer a range of courses delivered up to level 2, that are both accredited and recognised by various industries across the UK. A full BKSB initial assessment will be completed for every learner who attends our training, so we are informed on how to best support those with numeracy or literacy and any other identified barriers.
- Information Advice and Guidance – we will provide all our customer with 1-1 support and guidance. We can develop in partnership with you a tailored action plan that will support your progress to employment. Working with a number of key stakeholders, Portland Training can provide you with the relevant advice to start achieving your goals.
- Access to Employment Opportunities – through our employer engagement team we can match our customers to real job opportunities that are both rewarding and sustainable. We will work with you to understand your skill set, any barriers and put in place a plan of action to move you into a role of your choice. We will provide a range of employment opportunities from apprenticeships, part time, full time and seasonal work.
- Employability and Personal Development – Portland Training can support you to understand what employers are looking for in a candidate, how to best prepare your CV, interview preparation and access to our IT suite to submit online applications. We can also in certain circumstances provide assistance with travel fare where required to attend any of our courses or job interviews.
Portland Training will endeavour to provide both a welcoming and positive experience for all our customers as we strive to continue to build a great reputation for our unemployed services within the community. Our training centre is a relaxed environment with very supportive tutors and team members.
We look forward to working with you and celebrating your achievements.
If you would like to know more about current delivery programme please follow the link on the website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org