Here at Portland Training, we offer a diverse array of Health & Social Care courses, which can be selected to meet individual or employer needs.
A Level 2 Certificate in Health and Social Care is perfect for someone new into a Health and Social Care role, wanting some training in a number of areas as an introduction or perhaps a refresher. Portland’s own bespoke learning materials which help provide the knowledge to back up our trainer delivery sessions.
Course is comprised of mix of units which map into the Care Certificate. Suitable for both Residential and Domiciliary care settings, these units are a mix of knowledge and practical assessment criteria delivered in the work place.
Units available are as follows:
- The role of a Care Worker
- Duty of Care
- Safeguarding Vulnerable adults
- Equality Diversity and Inclusion
- A ‘Person Centred Approach’
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Personal development in Adult Social Care
- Handling Information
- Dementia Awareness
- Introducing Awareness of the Autistic Spectrum
- Learning Disabilities
- Safe Administration of Medication
- Mental Health Awareness
- Nutritional Needs
Also available are a range of knowledge qualifications, providing more in depth knowledge in specific areas.
Learners can choose any 2 from the below options to provide tailored learning to meet their own needs.
- Level 2 in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 2 in Common Health Conditions
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines
- Level 2 Certificate in Working with people with Mental Health Needs
- Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 2 Certificate Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Infection Control
- Level 2 Certificate in Dignity and Safeguarding
- Level 2 Certificate in Fall Prevention
- Customer Service for Health and Social Care Settings
Delivery consists of a blend of classroom training sessions, 121 support visits, reviews and remote support from a dedicated trainer and lasts 12 weeks.
Other short courses available are:
- Customer Service
- Equality and Diversity
- Information Advice and Guidance
- Lean Organisation Management Techniques
- Team Leading
- Business and Administration