Salary: £22,000 - £26,000
Job title - Trainer for Health and Social Care programmes Level 2 /3 and Short Course Trainer and Assessor
Responsible to - Apprenticeship / AEB Managers
Location - Sheffield, S9 1GD / remote
This role will include the delivery of functional skills and involves working remotely with moderate geographical coverage.
Portland Training are currently expanding and have an exciting opportunity available for the right candidate to join our team. We offer a competitive salary, attractive bonus package and a holiday allowance of 25 days, increasing after two years of service, plus an additional day off for your birthday! Hard work is recognised and incentives/rewards given for this also.
Purpose of job - To plan, prepare, teach and support a caseload of learners across a range of apprenticeship standards incorporating functional skills maths, & English, whilst coaching and developing them through the gateway for end point assessment. Dual role to include support, training and assessment for a range of short courses covering various aspects of health and social care in knowledge based qualifications for the employed and unemployed across multiple contracts.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver teaching and learning sessions including functional skills Level 1 and level 2 to a caseload of apprentices and learners across a variety of Health and Social Care programmes.
- To develop and prepare learning plans and teaching and learning materials taking into account the learners’ individual needs.
- Carry out apprenticeship sign ups onto programme ensuring accurate completion of initial assessment and paperwork.
- Induct learners onto the programme, explaining content, quality assurance and wider learning opportunities.
- Accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation and records relating to learners training, progress and achievement including;Learner Reviews
- - Individual Learning Plans
- - Attendance Records
- - Action plans/feedback
- - Any other contractual paperwork
- To deliver high quality and innovative teaching and learning sessions either group or 121, that engage with learners and meet their individual learning needs.
- Provide rigorous assessment and effective feedback to learners via robust marking of learners work and structured verbal and written feedback showing what the learners needs to do to improve and ensuring stretch and challenge is promoted.
- Ensure apprentices are working towards the highest level possible in order to ensure they meet their full potential for the course.
- Inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of your learners through enthusiasm and knowledge, which ensure good attendance and engages the learner in their programme.
- Liaise with employers to ensure the needs of all parties are met and the learner and employer are supported through the gateway to end point assessment.
- To ensure contractual targets (retention, progression and achievement of all learners) and internal company targets are achieved and that awarding body / end point assessment organisations requirements are adhered at all times
- Provide on-going information, advice and guidance
- To deliver aspects of employability training within delivery to the unemployed.
- Develop the learners knowledge of safeguarding, British values, awareness of prevent, equality and diversity and health and safety and wider learning as laid out in OFSTED guidelines, throughout the programme
- Support and maintain the quality assurance process for assessment, training and verification purposes, in line with Portland Training’s policies and all related awarding body procedures and guidelines
- Committed to continuous improvement – personal and organisational
- Increase the portfolio of the company by assisting in the marketing of all areas of the business
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
- Adhere to Portland Training’s policies and procedures at all times
- May occasionally be required to work out of normal hours
- Carry out any additional duties as reasonably requested by line management
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification DTTLS/Cert Ed or equivalent
- Hold a recognised assessing qualification D32, A1, TAQA, CAVA or equivalent
- GCSE Grade C English and Maths or FS Level 2
- Hold Level 3 or higher in relevant vocational subject area.
- Be able to evidence substantial experience and competency in subject areas to be delivered.
- Experience delivering on apprenticeship standards and functional skills.
- Experience of roll on roll off delivery desirable
- Experience of working with electronic portfolios is desirable, however confidence in IT skills, are essential
- The ability to plan and deliver innovative and motivational sessions with a clear focus on the needs of the individual learner
- An understanding of different learning styles and how to differentiate through various teaching methods.
- Ability to motivate self and inspire learners
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Ability to use initiative and be flexible in approach
- Contribute and work well as part of a team
- Own transport and full driving license essential.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and if successful we will arrange an interview with you.